Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Can with the Pseudocode please or the method

Eager StudentEager Student Member Posts: 13
Hi! Everyone
I'm starting out in programming,I need a pseudocode or method to use to help me get started on coding(Pascal). Often, when I take a look at a coding assignment, it looks daunting, and it's hard to figure out exactly where to start. Especially with all of that specific code syntax.I need a Pseudocode that will let me focus on the algorithm - the problem solving technique - without letting the actual code syntax get in the way.For the following program that I want to design.I want to design a method that calculates the cost of a semesters tuition for a college student at Mid-State University. Variables include whether the student is an in-state resident (I for in-state, or O for out-of-state) and the number of credit hours for which the student is enrolling. The method should throw an exception if the residency code is invalid. Tuition is $75 per credit hour for in-state students and $125 per credit hour for out-of-state students. If a student enrolls in six hours or fewer, there is an additional $100 surcharge. Any student enrolled in 19 hours or more pays only the rate for 18 credit hours.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : Hi! Everyone
    : I'm starting out in programming,I need a pseudocode or method to use to help me get started on coding(Pascal). Often, when I take a look at a coding assignment, it looks daunting, and it's hard to figure out exactly where to start. Especially with all of that specific code syntax.I need a Pseudocode that will let me focus on the algorithm - the problem solving technique - without letting the actual code syntax get in the way.For the following program that I want to design.I want to design a method that calculates the cost of a semesters tuition for a college student at Mid-State University. Variables include whether the student is an in-state resident (I for in-state, or O for out-of-state) and the number of credit hours for which the student is enrolling. The method should throw an exception if the residency code is invalid. Tuition is $75 per credit hour for in-state students and $125 per credit hour for out-of-state students. If a student enrolls in six hours or fewer, there is an additional $100 surcharge. Any student enrolled in 19 hours or more pays only the rate for 18 credit hours.
    :
    :
    :
    See Delphi board. For DOS based pascals, change
    [code]
    raise Exception
    [/code]
    to
    [code]
    Halt(1);
    [/code]