Simple question on File

May I know how the code should look like to do the following :

(0) The program should prompt user to enter a string length of 30(alpahnumeric)

(1) I need to create a sequential file that for each record written to the file , it should be length of 33(string of length 30 + 3digits). The 3 digits is random number generated by program

(2) Therefore for each user record that is written to the file , it should look something like this e.g Howareyou419 in the file view.

(3) Next time , if I want to search the file, in the program . I just need to input the key , Howareyou . It will automatically return to me 419.

(4) by the way , 419 is a unique number created for each user for each new record created.Therefore the program should automatically create a random number(of range 1-419) when the user enter the string "Howareyou"

I am novice in Files. Thanks for the help :-)

Comments

• : May I know how the code should look like to do the following :

:

: (0) The program should prompt user to enter a string length of 30(alpahnumeric)

:

: (1) I need to create a sequential file that for each record written to the file , it should be length of 33(string of length 30 + 3digits). The 3 digits is random number generated by program

:

: (2) Therefore for each user record that is written to the file , it should look something like this e.g Howareyou419 in the file view.

:

: (3) Next time , if I want to search the file, in the program . I just need to input the key , Howareyou . It will automatically return to me 419.

:

: (4) by the way , 419 is a unique number created for each user for each new record created.Therefore the program should automatically create a random number(of range 1-419) when the user enter the string "Howareyou"

:

: I am novice in Files. Thanks for the help :-)

: