Took a self test

I bought a book on C/C++ and took a test. How did I do?

1) The solution to any problem involves performing a series of actions in a specific....ALGORITHIM?

2) A synonym for procedure is....EVENT?

3) A variable that accumulates the sum of several numbers is a(n)...ACCUMULATOR?

4) The process of setting certain variables to specific values at the beginning of a program is called...(dont know)

5) A special value used to indicate "end of data entry, is called a ________, a ___________, a __________ or a __________ value.

6) A FLOWCHART? is a graphical representation of an algorithm.

7) In a flowchart, the order in which the steps should be performed is indicated by TRIANGLE? symbols.

8) The termination symbol indicated the __________ and ________ of every algorithm.

9) Rectangle symbols correspond to calculations that are normally performed by _________ statements and input/output operations that are normally performed by calls to the ________ and _________ standard library functions.

10) The item written inside a decision symbol is called a(n)______?

Comments

• : I bought a book on C/C++ and took a test. How did I do?
    :

no idea -- I havn't read your book. Did you? and Did you look them up?
  • : I bought a book on C/C++ and took a test. How did I do?
    :
    : 1) The solution to any problem involves performing a series of actions in a specific....ALGORITHIM?[red]Sometimes[/red]
    :
    : 2) A synonym for procedure is....EVENT?[red]hmmm I would say function[/red]
    :
    : 3) A variable that accumulates the sum of several numbers is a(n)...ACCUMULATOR?[red]Yea but its still a variable. When I think of a accumulator I think of a register on a CPU or microcontroller.[/red]
    :
    : 4) The process of setting certain variables to specific values at the beginning of a program is called...(dont know)[red]initializing[/red]
    :
    : 5) A special value used to indicate "end of data entry, is called a ________, a ___________, a __________ or a __________ value.[red]hmm eof, zero, '$', NULL maybe?[/red]
    :
    : 6) A FLOWCHART? is a graphical representation of an algorithm.
    :[red]Yep[/red]
    : 7) In a flowchart, the order in which the steps should be performed is indicated by TRIANGLE? symbols.
    : [red] I'm not sure about flow charts since I don't do them so your on your own here, sorry[/red]
    : 8) The termination symbol indicated the __________ and ________ of every algorithm.[red]same as above[/red]
    :
    : 9) Rectangle symbols correspond to calculations that are normally performed by _________ statements and input/output operations that are normally performed by calls to the ________ and _________ standard library functions.[red]dunno[/red]
    :
    : 10) The item written inside a decision symbol is called a(n)______?
    : [red]dunno[/red]