ASP.Net DropDownList problem

Hello. I am using ASP.Net to populate a dropdown list. I am quite new to the ASP.NET language. The resulting page source is the following. There is more around the list on the finished page, but I have simplified it for posting purposes. However, no list shows up. Can anybody tell me why?

[code]

1000" />

[/code]

Comments

• : Hello. I am using ASP.Net to populate a dropdown list. I am quite new to the ASP.NET language. The resulting page source is the following. There is more around the list on the finished page, but I have simplified it for posting purposes. However, no list shows up. Can anybody tell me why?
    :
    :
    : [code]
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : 1000" />
    :
    :
    :
    : [/code]
    :

hello i tried this code and it works fine on a new aspx page.

• : : Hello. I am using ASP.Net to populate a dropdown list. I am quite new to the ASP.NET language. The resulting page source is the following. There is more around the list on the finished page, but I have simplified it for posting purposes. However, no list shows up. Can anybody tell me why?
    : :
    : : [code]
    : : 1000" />
    : : [/code]
    :
    :
    : hello i tried this code and it works fine on a new aspx page.
    :
    :
    :
    :

yeah, I figured it out. I was creating this code dynamically, and sending it to the client at load, but it needs to be run server-side. It's my first go around with ASP.Net. It's working now...