How to load file

I have a program that was written in Delphi although I myself am not very familiar with it. I do most of my programming in c# now. But anyway, I need to be able to get into the files that this program saves in order to create a program that coinsides with it. How do you figure out how they saved the information so I can write code in c# and possibly modify it and resave it. Whatever they used, it wasn't very secure because if you open a binary editor on the file (you can password protect the files), the password is right at the top, not encryipted.

Thanks for any help

Casey

Comments

• : I have a program that was written in Delphi although I myself am not very familiar with it. I do most of my programming in c# now. But anyway, I need to be able to get into the files that this program saves in order to create a program that coinsides with it. How do you figure out how they saved the information so I can write code in c# and possibly modify it and resave it. Whatever they used, it wasn't very secure because if you open a binary editor on the file (you can password protect the files), the password is right at the top, not encryipted.
    :
    : Thanks for any help
    :
    : Casey
    :
    If you have the source code, look for the write/read routines. These can be found by looking for AssignFile(), LoadFrom, Read(), Write(). The encryption routine will probably be close to those routines.
    If you don't have the source, then the only way to determine the format is to compare the data which the program gives/asks and the binary data file.