Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Javascript: how to reference previous page?

blguablgua Member Posts: 1

Normally if a user clicks a link and a pop up show up, I can refer to the parent by "window.opener", what if there's no popup? (the link just go to the next page)

Comments

• NCS_OneNCS_One Member Posts: 170
    :
    : Normally if a user clicks a link and a pop up show up, I can refer to the parent by "window.opener", what if there's no popup? (the link just go to the next page)
    :

Hi

The link goes to the next page but does it open a new window or
    in the same window ???
    If its in a new window you can use the "window.opener" if it is in the same window it is not possible because the window with the link no longer exists.

Hope it helps.
  • ManiFEstManiFEst Member Posts: 3
    : :
    : : Normally if a user clicks a link and a pop up show up, I can refer to the parent by "window.opener", what if there's no popup? (the link just go to the next page)
    : :
    :
    : Hi
    :
    : The link goes to the next page but does it open a new window or
    : in the same window ???
    : If its in a new window you can use the "window.opener" if it is in the same window it is not possible because the window with the link no longer exists.
    :
    : Hope it helps.
    :
    i think u should use frmaes, and keep all needed scripts and variables in toprame, then you can reffer to it as window.top.variable or window.top.myfunction()