Memory Leak Issue

I am working on an intranet application that calls business COM+ components which are written in Delphi. The problem lies in reckless delphi code of COM+ components that result in memory leaks. Since there are too many components and code base is soo huge that we cannot just parse code to find where memory is not freed properly. Therefore, we are thinking of some external service/application that cleans up memory litter left by our COM+ components, after every hour or so.

Can you suggest any good idea on how to do this. That is, how to detect/clean up unused memory, or if you have any other good idea, please share.....

Thanks......

Comments

• : I am working on an intranet application that calls business COM+ components which are written in Delphi. The problem lies in reckless delphi code of COM+ components that result in memory leaks. Since there are too many components and code base is soo huge that we cannot just parse code to find where memory is not freed properly. Therefore, we are thinking of some external service/application that cleans up memory litter left by our COM+ components, after every hour or so.
    :
    : Can you suggest any good idea on how to do this. That is, how to detect/clean up unused memory, or if you have any other good idea, please share.....
    :
    : Thanks......
    :
    I think I've seen some articles discussing that.
    Search the web for garbage collector, wich is the oficial term.

The one and only [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]

• : : I am working on an intranet application that calls business COM+ components which are written in Delphi. The problem lies in reckless delphi code of COM+ components that result in memory leaks. Since there are too many components and code base is soo huge that we cannot just parse code to find where memory is not freed properly. Therefore, we are thinking of some external service/application that cleans up memory litter left by our COM+ components, after every hour or so.
    : :
    : : Can you suggest any good idea on how to do this. That is, how to detect/clean up unused memory, or if you have any other good idea, please share.....
    : : Thanks......
    : I think I've seen some articles discussing that.
    : Search the web for garbage collector, wich is the oficial term.
    :
    : The one and only [b]Niklas Ulvinge[/b] [white]aka [b]IDK[/b][/white]
    :
    :
    All Delphi dll's which use the event system have a memory leak, due to the event stack. This site explains it all and offers a simple solution:
    http://www.thedelphimagazine.com/samples/1328/1328.htm