Faulty memory

A few years ago I created a VB program and now I'm trying to use a portion of the code in a new project, the problem is with "FileSystemObject", in the new code I get the error message "User-defined type not defined".
The way I was using it was as follows:
Dim Fso1 AS FileSystemObject
when I reload the old code after I type the "AS" I get a list box with the "FileSystemObject" as a choice, in the new code I don't.
I think I remember having to add somthing from the components list(not sure though, memory was the second thing to go).
The online documention only references the "CreateObject(xxxx)" way.

Please reply to my work email address dperuso@jamartech.com

Thanks in advance
Dave

Comments

• : A few years ago I created a VB program and now I'm trying to use a portion of the code in a new project, the problem is with "FileSystemObject", in the new code I get the error message "User-defined type not defined".
    : The way I was using it was as follows:
    : Dim Fso1 AS FileSystemObject
    : when I reload the old code after I type the "AS" I get a list box with the "FileSystemObject" as a choice, in the new code I don't.
    : I think I remember having to add somthing from the components list(not sure though, memory was the second thing to go).
    : The online documention only references the "CreateObject(xxxx)" way.
    :
    : Please reply to my work email address dperuso@jamartech.com

Go to Project->References and select "Microsoft Scripting Runtime"

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• : : A few years ago I created a VB program and now I'm trying to use a portion of the code in a new project, the problem is with "FileSystemObject", in the new code I get the error message "User-defined type not defined".
    : : The way I was using it was as follows:
    : : Dim Fso1 AS FileSystemObject
    : : when I reload the old code after I type the "AS" I get a list box with the "FileSystemObject" as a choice, in the new code I don't.
    : : I think I remember having to add somthing from the components list(not sure though, memory was the second thing to go).
    : : The online documention only references the "CreateObject(xxxx)" way.
    : :
    : : Please reply to my work email address dperuso@jamartech.com
    :

I found it, it was hiding in the referances, I think it was "visual basic objects and procedures" I added quite a few of the VB stuff so I'll have to back trac to find out which one it was for sure. :)
    : Go to Project->References and select "Microsoft Scripting Runtime"
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    : [code]
    : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : no rows returned
    : [/code]
    :
    :