Please help newbie

I am writing a script for a class that is supposed to get the day, month, and year from the user and then convert it to the day of the year it is. I have to use a switch statement to do it which i have as public void findCalen(){

if (yearA % 100 == 0 || yearA % 4 == 0) {
switch (monthA)
{
and then the switch statement. im trying to call it from the application class but i can't seem to figure it out. My worker class is called calendar.java. In my application class I put
calendar cA = new calendar(0,0,0,0);
cA.calendar();
JOptionPane.showMessageDialog("It is the " + cA.getNumOfDays + "day of the year");

but its not working. I would really appreaciate the help to get this to work

Comments

• : I am writing a script for a class that is supposed to get the day, month, and year from the user and then convert it to the day of the year it is. I have to use a switch statement to do it which i have as public void findCalen(){
    :
    : if (yearA % 100 == 0 || yearA % 4 == 0) {
    : switch (monthA)
    : {
    : and then the switch statement. im trying to call it from the application class but i can't seem to figure it out. My worker class is called calendar.java. In my application class I put
    : calendar cA = new calendar(0,0,0,0);
    : cA.calendar();
    : JOptionPane.showMessageDialog("It is the " + cA.getNumOfDays + "day of the year");
    :
    : but its not working. I would really appreaciate the help to get this to work
    :
    I think you'll get more response in the Java board. This is the java[b]SCRIPT[/b] board, which is a entirely different language with far less features and capabilities than java.
  • : : I am writing a script for a class that is supposed to get the day, month, and year from the user and then convert it to the day of the year it is. I have to use a switch statement to do it which i have as public void findCalen(){
    : :
    : : if (yearA % 100 == 0 || yearA % 4 == 0) {
    : : switch (monthA)
    : : {
    : : and then the switch statement. im trying to call it from the application class but i can't seem to figure it out. My worker class is called calendar.java. In my application class I put
    : : calendar cA = new calendar(0,0,0,0);
    : : cA.calendar();
    : : JOptionPane.showMessageDialog("It is the " + cA.getNumOfDays + "day of the year");
    : : but its not working. I would really appreaciate the help to get this to work
    : I think you'll get more response in the Java board. This is the java[b]SCRIPT[/b] board, which is a entirely different language with far less features and capabilities than java.
    :
    JavaScript is fully capible with it's objects. you could even impliment nonstandarized objects or ActiveX objects, but hacking the browsers is illegal