Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

making changes using VB.NET

JenybJenyb Member Posts: 4
Thanks very mach for your help :)

Now I have another problem , I have xml database, and need to make changes in specific data.
I can successfuly find the wanted node using XmlNodeReader but then I have problem : How can I convert it to the type (xmlWriter or something else) to make the change in the data (for example to change the price of product).

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• infidelinfidel Member Posts: 2,900
    : Thanks very mach for your help :)
    :
    : Now I have another problem , I have xml database, and need to make changes in specific data.
    : I can successfuly find the wanted node using XmlNodeReader but then I have problem : How can I convert it to the type (xmlWriter or something else) to make the change in the data (for example to change the price of product).

My first guess, having not used VB.NET for these things, is that you'll need to either load the XML into a DOM tree and change the appropriate value before serializing it back to a file, or set up an XmlWriter when you start using the XmlNodeReader so that everything read in by the reader is immediately written by the writer, and when you find the node you want to change, you pass the writer the new value and just continue on reading/writing until the original file is read completely.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]