Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Changing Code

Hey I have herd about code that will change with user input. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make code change by using other code.

For instance if I could have a game. Afterwards there would be a high score. Then I can use javascript to check to see if the score is the hightest. However I don't know how to change the hight scores without haveing to go in a and type in the new scores.

If anyone knows how to make code change automatically please tell me. Thank you

O.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : Hey I have herd about code that will change with user input. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make code change by using other code.
    :
    : For instance if I could have a game. Afterwards there would be a high score. Then I can use javascript to check to see if the score is the hightest. However I don't know how to change the hight scores without haveing to go in a and type in the new scores.
    :
    : If anyone knows how to make code change automatically please tell me. Thank you
    :
    : O.
    :
    :
    You can best store high scores in arrays and use a document.write() to show the high-scores. There is a problem with high-scores in javascript: you cannot save them. Which means that if the page is closed, the high-score is gone.
  • freeman_452003freeman_452003 Member Posts: 15
    Ya i know but do you think that there is anyother way to get them to stay?
  • zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : Ya i know but do you think that there is anyother way to get them to stay?
    :
    Either you need to use php/MySQL, CGI, or ASP to be able to store them on the server. If you want to store them on the client's computer, I would suggest that you use cookies or ActiveX.