Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Problems with PHP sessions + Applets

homerocdahomerocda Member Posts: 87
Hi, all.

I'm experiencing some problems while using php sessions to deal http requests through a java applet.

When the applet makes the first request, the php script creates a session, store some values on the session, and pass this session's id to the applet. From then on, everytime the applet makes a request for the PHP script it sends him the session id via a POST request and the script uses the given session id to set it as the default session id. But it isn't working, since all the session variables aren't registered anymore.

Does anyone knows some way to work out this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Homero C. de Almeida

[italic]There's no dishonour in failure. For we aren't allowed to know wheter we'll achieve success or not. There is only one final shame, the cowardice of not trying.[/italic]

Comments

• tvientitvienti Member Posts: 230
    Ruling out the possibility that PHP is maulfunctioning, my guess is the applet isn't sending the session ID properly. Can you produce debug output for the POST request and verify it?

T

: Hi, all.
    :
    : I'm experiencing some problems while using php sessions to deal http requests through a java applet.
    :
    : When the applet makes the first request, the php script creates a session, store some values on the session, and pass this session's id to the applet. From then on, everytime the applet makes a request for the PHP script it sends him the session id via a POST request and the script uses the given session id to set it as the default session id. But it isn't working, since all the session variables aren't registered anymore.
    :
    : Does anyone knows some way to work out this problem?
    :
    : Thanks in advance.
    : Homero C. de Almeida
    :
    : [italic]There's no dishonour in failure. For we aren't allowed to know wheter we'll achieve success or not. There is only one final shame, the cowardice of not trying.[/italic]
    :

• homerocdahomerocda Member Posts: 87
    Yes, I verified it. The post request is correct.

: Ruling out the possibility that PHP is maulfunctioning, my guess is the applet isn't sending the session ID properly. Can you produce debug output for the POST request and verify it?
    :
    : T
    :

Homero C. de Almeida

[italic]There's no dishonour in failure. For we aren't allowed to know wheter we'll achieve success or not. There is only one final shame, the cowardice of not trying.[/italic]