Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

is it possibe to set up the Mic as an input stream?

Hi,

I am relatively new to c++. I am starting to look into processing sounds from the microphone. I am not sure it is possible to do what I want. I want to look at digital sound like a stream. I am currently using MS Windows XP. I would really rather not make my program card dependant.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions you may have,
vic

Comments

• Gregry2Gregry2 Posts: 607
    : Hi,
    :
    : I am relatively new to c++. I am starting to look into processing sounds from the microphone. I am not sure it is possible to do what I want. I want to look at digital sound like a stream. I am currently using MS Windows XP. I would really rather not make my program card dependant.
    :
    : Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions you may have,
    : vic
    :
    :

I'm new too vic, here, lets just use logic...

A stream is through which data travels, correct? So, I'm sure we have a "stream" for you, although its not a character stream, how could it? You would have large binary chunks for reading, because you can't turn simple sounds that are logically words into text without an intermediate program, namely a speech-to-text engine.

So there, I don't know, I just know how pissing it is to post on these boards and not get a reply a few months later...so,

good luck.
    {2}rIng

PS sorry.