Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Issues with VB.Net 2003 v7 (and my skill set)

horseheadhorsehead Posts: 4Member
Hi all - I have two problems that I hope someone can help me with.

The first to do with the disappearance of the App name on a compiled Windows exe app - I called the project "My project" (in the blue title bar)and on running this gets replaced with "0" (just plain zero) - the icon remains though. Can anyone offer a solution please?

The second problem I have is with the following snippet that I downloaded from PH - the Name keyword is supposed to "rename" the file on disk but I cant get this working - any helpers please:

For i = 1 To lIntcount_files

str = InStr(1, lStrflog(i), ".", vbTextCompare)

Name "c: " & lStrflog(i) As "c: " & Left(lStrflog(i), str - 1) ".dat"

'copy file from source to destination with required extension, destination can be same as source.

Next

Comments

• dokken2dokken2 Posts: 532Member
    : Hi all - I have two problems that I hope someone can help me with.
    :
    : The first to do with the disappearance of the App name on a compiled Windows exe app - I called the project "My project" (in the blue title bar)and on running this gets replaced with "0" (just plain zero) - the icon remains though. Can anyone offer a solution please?
    :
    : The second problem I have is with the following snippet that I downloaded from PH - the Name keyword is supposed to "rename" the file on disk but I cant get this working - any helpers please:
    :
    : For i = 1 To lIntcount_files
    :
    : str = InStr(1, lStrflog(i), ".", vbTextCompare)
    :
    : Name "c: " & lStrflog(i) As "c: " & Left(lStrflog(i), str - 1) ".dat"
    :
    : 'copy file from source to destination with required extension, destination can be same as source.
    :
    : Next
    :
    :
    You could use the Rename function-

[code]
    Imports FileSys = Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileSystem

Public Class Form1
    Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
    Dim str As String
    Dim old1 As String
    Dim new1 As String
    Dim i As Integer

For i = 1 To lIntcount_files
    str = InStr(1, lStrflog(i), ".", vbTextCompare)

old1 = "c: " & lStrflog(i)
    new1 = "c: " & Left(lStrflog(i), str - 1) & ".dat"
    FileSys.Rename(old1, new1)
    'copy file from source to destination with required extension, destination can be same as source.
    Next i
    End Sub
    End Class
    [/code]