Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Want C++ compiler for MS-DOS Mode under Win 98.

Have found several good C++ compilers for windows in an MS-DOS window, but none that will run in MS-DOS mode under Win 98.

I need this because I also run a FORTRAN compiler which makes executables much larger than 64k. The very good gcc compiler, with g77, compiles and runs FORTRAN in a DOS window but only allows 64k programs.

So, does anyone know where to get a C++ compiler that runs in straight MS-DOS mode or just plain old MS-DOS??

I'm using C++ to write the FORTRAN code, don't ask.

Much Thanks,

Gary

Comments

• : So, does anyone know where to get a C++ compiler that runs in straight MS-DOS mode or just plain old MS-DOS??

Get you self a copy of an old compiler made for DOS. You'll probably have to update the header files with the C++ STD. Computer swap meets and second hand shops often have them. If you own an current version often a manufacturer will give you a copy of an older version for free. MS use to do this though I don't know if they still do.

Happy hunting.

• : Have found several good C++ compilers for windows in an MS-DOS window, but none that will run in MS-DOS mode under Win 98.

: I need this because I also run a FORTRAN compiler which makes executables much larger than 64k. The very good gcc compiler, with g77, compiles and runs FORTRAN in a DOS window but only allows 64k programs.

: So, does anyone know where to get a C++ compiler that runs in straight MS-DOS mode or just plain old MS-DOS??

: I'm using C++ to write the FORTRAN code, don't ask.

http://www.fortranlib.com/freesoft.htm

-Xotor-

• : Have found several good C++ compilers for windows in an MS-DOS window, but none that will run in MS-DOS mode under Win 98.

: I need this because I also run a FORTRAN compiler which makes executables much larger than 64k. The very good gcc compiler, with g77, compiles and runs FORTRAN in a DOS window but only allows 64k programs.

: So, does anyone know where to get a C++ compiler that runs in straight MS-DOS mode or just plain old MS-DOS??

: I'm using C++ to write the FORTRAN code, don't ask.

http://www.fortranlib.com/freesoft.htm

-Xotor-