We represent a client in the game industry that is searching for a talented Server Engineer with previous game industry experience. This person will be primarily responsible for modifying and optimizing existing server side game systems and framework code, as well as implementing new game systems in the live product after ship.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
* Software engineering approach incorporating requirements gathering, design, implementation, and testing phases
* Comfortable working within a structured engineering process that includes technical design documentation, coding standards, checklists, and code reviews
* Previous game industry experience, with a minimum of two shipped titles or equivalent experience
* 5+ years programming experience in a UNIX/Linux environment (command-line)
* 3+ years experience with client/server programming
* 5+ years programming experience using C++
* 3+ years experience with Linux dev tools such as make, gcc/g++, gdb, etc.
* 2+ years Python experience
* Solid grasp of server architecture and TCP/IP networking fundamentals required
* Knowledgeable in refactoring, optimization, and when they are appropriate
* Production-oriented mindset: high-quality, schedule-driven, focus on shipping the game
* Desire/ability to work in a team environment
* Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with teammates is essential
* Self-motivated, and able to work with minimal direct supervision
* Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
* 2+ years experience with Windows programming using MS VC++
* 2+ years experience with DirectX-enabled PC games
* High competency with Windows Win32 API
* Automated build and unit testing experience
* DirectX 8 knowledge, especially lighting and shaders
* Familiarity with the STL
* Previous MMO development experience
* Avid MMO gamer[/list]
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please send us your resume.
Thanks so much and we hope to hear from you soon.
Elaina M. Frizzell
Senior Partner/Senior Recruiter
Exclaim Recruiting Agency