game runs slowly

Hello,
I have a Java game that I created. If I open the game on my local machine it runs fine. But if I go on the interent and open it on my one computer it runs slowly, if I open it on my other computer it seems choppy, meaning it runs at varying speeds. I don't know why this happends because doesn't the Java intrepreter run on the local machine after it downloads the files, so it shouldn't matter if it is loaded from local files or from the internet. But obviously I'm wrong about that because it does run slower. Does anyone know what I could do to get this running at a normal speed. This is the url for the game: http://www.dpkeller.addr.com/Tetris/new/SpaceShipGame.htm .

Comments

• : Hello,
    : I have a Java game that I created. If I open the game on my local machine it runs fine. But if I go on the interent and open it on my one computer it runs slowly, if I open it on my other computer it seems choppy, meaning it runs at varying speeds. I don't know why this happends because doesn't the Java intrepreter run on the local machine after it downloads the files, so it shouldn't matter if it is loaded from local files or from the internet. But obviously I'm wrong about that because it does run slower. Does anyone know what I could do to get this running at a normal speed. This is the url for the game: http://www.dpkeller.addr.com/Tetris/new/SpaceShipGame.htm .
    :
    It can also be dependant on the speed and memory differences between the computers. It might also be that you have coded it in such a way that not all the classes are preloaded, which means that additional class files must be downloaded if an object is constructed.
  • : : Hello,
    : : I have a Java game that I created. If I open the game on my local machine it runs fine. But if I go on the interent and open it on my one computer it runs slowly, if I open it on my other computer it seems choppy, meaning it runs at varying speeds. I don't know why this happends because doesn't the Java intrepreter run on the local machine after it downloads the files, so it shouldn't matter if it is loaded from local files or from the internet. But obviously I'm wrong about that because it does run slower. Does anyone know what I could do to get this running at a normal speed. This is the url for the game: http://www.dpkeller.addr.com/Tetris/new/SpaceShipGame.htm .
    : :
    : It can also be dependant on the speed and memory differences between the computers. It might also be that you have coded it in such a way that not all the classes are preloaded, which means that additional class files must be downloaded if an object is constructed.
    : :
    : Ok that sounds like the problem the classes are not preloaded, which causes a deley when an object is created. How do I code it in such a way that the classes are preloaded?

• : : : Hello,
    : : : I have a Java game that I created. If I open the game on my local machine it runs fine. But if I go on the interent and open it on my one computer it runs slowly, if I open it on my other computer it seems choppy, meaning it runs at varying speeds. I don't know why this happends because doesn't the Java intrepreter run on the local machine after it downloads the files, so it shouldn't matter if it is loaded from local files or from the internet. But obviously I'm wrong about that because it does run slower. Does anyone know what I could do to get this running at a normal speed. This is the url for the game: http://www.dpkeller.addr.com/Tetris/new/SpaceShipGame.htm .
    : : :
    : : It can also be dependant on the speed and memory differences between the computers. It might also be that you have coded it in such a way that not all the classes are preloaded, which means that additional class files must be downloaded if an object is constructed.
    : : :
    : : Ok that sounds like the problem the classes are not preloaded, which causes a deley when an object is created. How do I code it in such a way that the classes are preloaded?
    :
    :
    The most simple solution is to create an object for every class in the initialization and store them without ever using them.
    A much more elegant solution is to pack your game into a .jar file and use that. Then all the classes are locally stored and can be retrieved much faster.
  • Ok,
    I did that, now on the computer where it was choppy it runs fine. But on the computer where it runs slowly, it still runs very slowly. I tried running other applets, and they ran fine. This one just runs very slowly.

-Daniel