Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

including assembly in c++

bosebonasbosebonas Member Posts: 87
hi everyone there ,
i am using dev c++ as my c++ compiler but i am unable to find out how to include assembly in my code . when i use the asm keyword to include assembly programs there is always an error message.
i am waiting help from anywhere. thanks.

Comments

• IDKIDK Member Posts: 1,784
    : hi everyone there ,
    : i am using dev c++ as my c++ compiler but i am unable to find out how to include assembly in my code . when i use the asm keyword to include assembly programs there is always an error message.
    : i am waiting help from anywhere. thanks.
    :
    try any of the following:
    __asm
    _asm
    asm

with a "" or {} after
  • stoberstober Member Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭
    [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2006-5-29 14:39:33[/red][/b][hr]
    : hi everyone there ,
    : i am using dev c++ as my c++ compiler but i am unable to find out how to include assembly in my code . when i use the asm keyword to include assembly programs there is always an error message.
    : i am waiting help from anywhere. thanks.
    :

Dev-C++ uses AT&T style assembly. Not nearly as easy as Microsoft compilers. This this:
    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-ia.html

• bluj91bluj91 Member Posts: 133
    : [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2006-5-29 14:39:33[/red][/b][hr]
    : : hi everyone there ,
    : : i am using dev c++ as my c++ compiler but i am unable to find out how to include assembly in my code . when i use the asm keyword to include assembly programs there is always an error message.
    : : i am waiting help from anywhere. thanks.
    : :
    :
    :
    : Dev-C++ uses AT&T style assembly. Not nearly as easy as Microsoft compilers. This this:
    : http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-ia.html
    :
    :
    :
    :

I remeber reading somewhere that if your using iso C++ then the function ASM() or asm() or Asm() should be avalible to you. However ANSI C does not contain a standard way to pass inline assembly

ps. if you bloodshed.net's dev-cpp then I think if you read the faq it will tell you
  • LundinLundin Member Posts: 3,711
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2006-5-29 14:39:33[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : hi everyone there ,
    : : : i am using dev c++ as my c++ compiler but i am unable to find out how to include assembly in my code . when i use the asm keyword to include assembly programs there is always an error message.
    : : : i am waiting help from anywhere. thanks.
    : : :
    : : Dev-C++ uses AT&T style assembly. Not nearly as easy as Microsoft compilers. This this:
    : : http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-ia.html
    :
    :
    : I remeber reading somewhere that if your using iso C++ then the function ASM() or asm() or Asm() should be avalible to you. However ANSI C does not contain a standard way to pass inline assembly
    :
    : ps. if you bloodshed.net's dev-cpp then I think if you read the faq it will tell you
    :

In C++ it should be asm("") according to the standard.