Task Scheduling Class (Visual C++ 6.0)

Hi,

I'm developing a system that requires me to download some files, process them and then send the output to another site. However, this has to done on a scheduled basis. I was wondering if there are any classes available that requires the user to input starting times, times between runs, etc, in essence a type of scheduler where this info is displayed and easily updated.

Ken

Comments

• : Hi,
    :
    : I'm developing a system that requires me to download some files, process them and then send the output to another site. However, this has to done on a scheduled basis. I was wondering if there are any classes available that requires the user to input starting times, times between runs, etc, in essence a type of scheduler where this info is displayed and easily updated.
    :
    : Ken
    :

if you have XP, select start-->Help&Support, then enter "scheduler" in the search bar. pick any of the items to see how to schedule tasks.
  • : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I'm developing a system that requires me to download some files, process them and then send the output to another site. However, this has to done on a scheduled basis. I was wondering if there are any classes available that requires the user to input starting times, times between runs, etc, in essence a type of scheduler where this info is displayed and easily updated.
    : : Ken
    :
    :
    : if you have XP, select start-->Help&Support, then enter "scheduler" in the search bar. pick any of the items to see how to schedule tasks.
    :
    Thanx for the reply,

I'm writing the code on a Windows 2000 system. There is a scheduler with this. Are you suggesting that I use this to schedule all tasks? I'd rather have an encapulated C++ class to do this. I guess I could
    wrap this onto my software but I'd rather have a Class that already performs this. If one is not available, then I may resort to such a scheme. I guess I need a display in "BIG letters" that tells the user (1) When the next data collection is to begin (2) Time between data collections (3) Other stuff such as the status of the data collection stations, etc. I'm new to Visual C++ so I'm just wondering if anything is out there already written. I've done all the com stuff and the processing modules in C++ and it works quite well. All I need is a NICE
    interface around this that entails the scheduling aspects.

Your reply is much appreciated.

Ken

• you can look through some of these files

http://www.codeproject.com/info/search.asp

• Please do mail me the solution
    [email protected]
  • : you can look through some of these files
    :
    : http://www.codeproject.com/info/search.asp
    :
    :
    Thanx,

There's lot's of info in there that may be quite useful.

Ken
  • : Please do mail me the solution
    : [email protected]
    :
    Will do

Ken