Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Hiding cursor and mouse in Virtual Pascal Win32?

PP2005PP2005 Member Posts: 111
I'm currently porting a DOS textmode game to Win32 using Virtual Pascal. In the DOS version of the game I've used the CURSOFF function in the TSUNTE unit. This doesn't work when I compile it for Win32. I've found that both the VPUTIL and OPCRT units contain HideCursor and HideMouse units, but I've been unable to find these units -- I guess they can be downloaded from www.vpascal.com, but that site has been down for a while.

Anybody know where I can find these units, or any other way to hide the cursor and mouse?

Another question concerning Virtual Pascal: Does the standard Delay procedure in the Crt unit contain the infamous "Runtime Error 200" bug on faster computers, as is the case with Borland Pascal?

Comments

• AlcatizAlcatiz Member Posts: 51
    : I'm currently porting a DOS textmode game to Win32 using Virtual Pascal. In the DOS version of the game I've used the CURSOFF function in the TSUNTE unit. This doesn't work when I compile it for Win32. I've found that both the VPUTIL and OPCRT units contain HideCursor and HideMouse units, but I've been unable to find these units -- I guess they can be downloaded from www.vpascal.com, but that site has been down for a while.
    :
    : Anybody know where I can find these units, or any other way to hide the cursor and mouse?
    :
    : Another question concerning Virtual Pascal: Does the standard Delay procedure in the Crt unit contain the infamous "Runtime Error 200" bug on faster computers, as is the case with Borland Pascal?
    :

Hi !

1. I don't have time to test it but a HideCursor procedure exists in the VPUtils unit - and in the WinCRT unit but I don't know if you can use this unit instead of CRT ?

2. The Delay procedure of Virtual Pascal's CRT unit uses a completely different technique from the Turbo Pascal's one. This bug doesn't exist any more.

Hope this helps you ?
  • PP2005PP2005 Member Posts: 111
    : Hi !
    :
    : 1. I don't have time to test it but a HideCursor procedure exists in the VPUtils unit - and in the WinCRT unit but I don't know if you can use this unit instead of CRT ?
    :
    : 2. The Delay procedure of Virtual Pascal's CRT unit uses a completely different technique from the Turbo Pascal's one. This bug doesn't exist any more.
    :
    : Hope this helps you ?

1. Do you know where I can get the VPUtils unit? I've been googling and looking for it for some time and haven't been able to find it...

2. That's good to know. :o)
    : 1. Do you know where I can get the VPUtils unit? I've been googling and looking for it for some time and haven't been able to find it...
    :
    : 2. That's good to know. :o)
    :

Ok, I feel kinda stupid. The VPUtils unit is of course included in the Virtual Pascal I downloaded. :o)

: Ok, I feel kinda stupid. The VPUtils unit is of course included in the Virtual Pascal I downloaded. :o)
    :

The OpMouse unit with the HideMouse procedure isn't, however. Anybody know where I can get it? I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the net... :o(