which way to start web-j2ee and then ejb3

I want to start working with web/enterprise applications. I know a little about jsp, and have read many things about servlet in the last few days.

*I've been looking through too many documents and tutorials, there are so much, I am confused. I started j2ee tutorial of sun but I don't understand it well. My english is not perfect but I don't think it's because of my lack of english. could you recommend a book which has nice explanations or give adress of some well prepared tutorials.

*first I think I have to study about servlet and jsp more, then (according to sun's roadmap) may be jsf. There are also hibernate, spring, struts... At the end I want to learn ejb3. can you help me to findout a way to learn ejb3 without wasting time with studying unnecessary topics.

*there is one thing more; which application server and ide shall I use and which one has more tutorials. for now I am using wtp and tomcat.

thanks

Comments

• : I want to start working with web/enterprise applications. I know a little about jsp, and have read many things about servlet in the last few days.
    :
    : *I've been looking through too many documents and tutorials, there are so much, I am confused. I started j2ee tutorial of sun but I don't understand it well. My english is not perfect but I don't think it's because of my lack of english. could you recommend a book which has nice explanations or give adress of some well prepared tutorials.
    :
    : *first I think I have to study about servlet and jsp more, then (according to sun's roadmap) may be jsf. There are also hibernate, spring, struts... At the end I want to learn ejb3. can you help me to findout a way to learn ejb3 without wasting time with studying unnecessary topics.
    :
    : *there is one thing more; which application server and ide shall I use and which one has more tutorials. for now I am using wtp and tomcat.
    :
    : thanks
    :
    :
    hello anyway where are you ? you use this book

a first book for java{paperback} www.amazon.com
  • : I want to start working with web/enterprise applications. I know a little about jsp, and have read many things about servlet in the last few days.
    :
    : *I've been looking through too many documents and tutorials, there are so much, I am confused. I started j2ee tutorial of sun but I don't understand it well. My english is not perfect but I don't think it's because of my lack of english. could you recommend a book which has nice explanations or give adress of some well prepared tutorials.
    :
    : *first I think I have to study about servlet and jsp more, then (according to sun's roadmap) may be jsf. There are also hibernate, spring, struts... At the end I want to learn ejb3. can you help me to findout a way to learn ejb3 without wasting time with studying unnecessary topics.
    :
    : *there is one thing more; which application server and ide shall I use and which one has more tutorials. for now I am using wtp and tomcat.
    :
    : thanks
    :
    :

Hello, although I do use and favor JBoss I owudl recommend Geronimo as an application server for beginners for these reasons:

1. Configuration roll-back, if you goof up the configuration you just roll it back and everything still boots fine.

2. Geronimo's web console to control the server is more understandable than JBoss's fro beginners..

As for a starting point you will want to look at at 2 petstore examples..iBatis JPetStore found at the Apache Geronimo site and XPetstore although you will learn more from the JPetStore example..

Aslo check the hibernate and spring sites for their petstore demos..

TheServerSide.com has good foundation/theory books on ejb that are free to download with code examples..

Because you are using Eclipse take a look at Tikalk's TUM Eclipse updatemanager as it includes the geronimo runtime in of the downloads..Tikal suites..as well as amysql runtime and jboss runtime..

Your English seems fine :)

• : : I want to start working with web/enterprise applications. I know a little about jsp, and have read many things about servlet in the last few days.
    : :
    : : *I've been looking through too many documents and tutorials, there are so much, I am confused. I started j2ee tutorial of sun but I don't understand it well. My english is not perfect but I don't think it's because of my lack of english. could you recommend a book which has nice explanations or give adress of some well prepared tutorials.
    : : *first I think I have to study about servlet and jsp more, then (according to sun's roadmap) may be jsf. There are also hibernate, spring, struts... At the end I want to learn ejb3. can you help me to findout a way to learn ejb3 without wasting time with studying unnecessary topics.
    : : *there is one thing more; which application server and ide shall I use and which one has more tutorials. for now I am using wtp and tomcat.
    : : thanks
    :
    :
    : Hello, although I do use and favor JBoss I owudl recommend Geronimo as an application server for beginners for these reasons:
    :
    : 1. Configuration roll-back, if you goof up the configuration you just roll it back and everything still boots fine.
    :
    : 2. Geronimo's web console to control the server is more understandable than JBoss's fro beginners..
    :
    :
    :
    : As for a starting point you will want to look at at 2 petstore examples..iBatis JPetStore found at the Apache Geronimo site and XPetstore although you will learn more from the JPetStore example..
    :
    :
    : Aslo check the hibernate and spring sites for their petstore demos..
    :
    : TheServerSide.com has good foundation/theory books on ejb that are free to download with code examples..
    :
    : Because you are using Eclipse take a look at Tikalk's TUM Eclipse updatemanager as it includes the geronimo runtime in of the downloads..Tikal suites..as well as amysql runtime and jboss runtime..
    :
    : Your English seems fine :)
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

thx for your attention