Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How do you convert .bas files to .exe files?

g6prgmg6prgm Posts: 3Member
[b][red]This message was edited by g6prgm at 2006-10-21 0:42:12[/red][/b][hr]
Dose anyone know a program or some way to convert the .bas files from "micorsoft quickbasic" (found on my win98se cd) into .exe? or how to go about doing that.

Comments

• anthrax11anthrax11 Posts: 511Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by g6prgm at 2006-10-21 0:42:12[/red][/b][hr]
    : Dose anyone know a program or some way to convert the .bas files from "micorsoft quickbasic" (found on my win98se cd) into .exe? or how to go about doing that.
    :
    :
    :
    Open the .bas file with quickbasic and select "Make EXE File..." from the Run menu.
  • g6prgmg6prgm Posts: 3Member
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by g6prgm at 2006-10-21 0:42:12[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Dose anyone know a program or some way to convert the .bas files from "micorsoft quickbasic" (found on my win98se cd) into .exe? or how to go about doing that.
    : :
    : Open the .bas file with quickbasic and select "Make EXE File..." from the Run menu.
    :
    I don't have that option in the run menu and it says in the help file to use microsoft visual basic or another compiler.(this is what the about said "MS DOS QBasic v 1.1")
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by g6prgm at 2006-10-21 0:42:12[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Dose anyone know a program or some way to convert the .bas files from "micorsoft quickbasic" (found on my win98se cd) into .exe? or how to go about doing that.
    : : :
    : : Open the .bas file with quickbasic and select "Make EXE File..." from the Run menu.
    : I don't have that option in the run menu and it says in the help file to use microsoft visual basic or another compiler.(this is what the about said "MS DOS QBasic v 1.1")
    :

Ah, indeed QBasic 1.1 didn't include a compiler. However, instead of using VB for DOS, I recommend, that you download QuickBasic 4.5 and use that instead of QBasic 1.1 for both editing and compiling to exe.
    http://qbnz.com/pages/downloads/software/

Good luck!
  • mittal_palimittal_pali Posts: 2Member
    Download a bat2exe software to convert the file to .exe

download link

[link=ftp://ftp.mpoli.fi/pub/software/DOS/UTILS/DISKFILE/BAT2EXE.ZIP][/link]
    Sorry, but these are .bas files, not .bat
  • lejf123lejf123 Posts: 1Member
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by g6prgm at 2006-10-21 0:42:12[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Dose anyone know a program or some way to convert the .bas files from "micorsoft quickbasic" (found on my win98se cd) into .exe? or how to go about doing that.
    : : Open the .bas file with quickbasic and select "Make EXE File..." from the Run menu.
    : I don't have that option in the run menu and it says in the help
    : file to use microsoft visual basic or another compiler.(this is what
    : the about said "MS DOS QBasic v 1.1")
    : I got the 4.5 and I did the "make exe" thing but it makes a tmp file? What do I do?