Newcomer with disappearing ()

I'm having an odd issue as I try to learn VB.Net out of a book. I'm using Visual Studio .Net 2003, but I have Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition installed as well. It tells me to put this code in:

Private Sub Form1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Click
Dim frmOutput As New Output()
fromOutput.ShowDialog()

Me.BackColor = Color.FromKnownColor(CInt(Int(150 * Rnd()) + 1))

after the part that says Windows Form Designer generated code. There is a second form called Output that has a label thingy with some text in it. For some reason, every time I type this in, the parenthesis after As New Output disappears and I get an error compiling. Can someone help me figure this out?

Comments

• : I'm having an odd issue as I try to learn VB.Net out of a book. I'm using Visual Studio .Net 2003, but I have Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition installed as well. It tells me to put this code in:
    :
    : Private Sub Form1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Click
    : Dim frmOutput As New Output()
    : fromOutput.ShowDialog()
    :
    :
    : Me.BackColor = Color.FromKnownColor(CInt(Int(150 * Rnd()) + 1))
    :
    : after the part that says Windows Form Designer generated code. There is a second form called Output that has a label thingy with some text in it. For some reason, every time I type this in, the parenthesis after As New Output disappears and I get an error compiling. Can someone help me figure this out?
    :

Hi,
    are you 100% percent sure that there exist (in code of your second form) another class with
    [code]Public Class Output[/code]
    at it's beggining?

But
    Color.FromKnownColor(CInt(Int(150 * Rnd()) + 1))
    is quite a strange line of code .. FromKnownColor expects parameter of type System.Drawing.KnownColor, not integer..

What error do you exactly recieve?

[blue][b][italic][size=4]P[/size]avlin [size=4]II[/italic][/size][/b][/blue]

[purple]Don't take life too seriously anyway you won't escape alive from it![/purple]

• Hey, thank you for trying to help, I figured it out, and I just realized someone had replied. Thank you anyway.