Please Help, desperate!!! Trying to run Server 2003 on laptop

Hey,

I hope someone can help, as part of my dissertation I need to implement Windows Server 2003 so that I can get to grips with Sharepoint Services. I had untold trouble doing this on my home PC so I have kindly been lent a laptop so that I can run it completely standalone. The laptop is an IBM T43 and I have installed Server 2003 onto it, the thing is, all of the Network drivers are missing and I can't find them anywhere. I have tried to install the XP ones but I can't find any for Server 2003. I know that people have run this off laptops before. Is there any way of doing this?

Thank-you in advance,

Kelly

Comments

• Hi Kelly:

I didn't see any responses, and I was wondering if you ever got this working?

I would have tried any IBM net interface drivers that were made for Win2000

[purple]Melissa[/purple]

• As i know that there are several issues we can face while trying to run Windows Server 2003 OS on a laptop.

My suggestion is try to use the Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 and create a virtual machine running the Windows Server 2003 as an OS. This will allow us to avoid several issues.
    cloud computing
    windows server