Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

C/C++ and Databases

I am new to C or C++ programming. I want to know if I can build a database using C or C++. The place I work has a developed C program that is used for our internal system.

I am trying to figure out if this is just programming that manipulates the data or if the data is stored within the programming files.

I am very new to this and just trying to see if learning this will help me in my function.

Thanks for any help on this

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : I am new to C or C++ programming. I want to know if I can build a database using C or C++. The place I work has a developed C program that is used for our internal system.
    :
    : I am trying to figure out if this is just programming that manipulates the data or if the data is stored within the programming files.
    :
    : I am very new to this and just trying to see if learning this will help me in my function.
    :
    : Thanks for any help on this
    :
    :
    :
    [blue]How it is data can be stored in programming files?!.. Programming files is a code, which is if compiled, produces your application. Data should be different.

Database can be any commercial SQL database, like SQL Server, Oracle, and a lot of others.

Database can be also the data files, which are proprietary for the organisation.

You need to debug your code and see where it goes to save/retrieve the data from a database - then you will know what kind of database it is. If you will see any SQL building blocks or some SQL queries - then, obviously, it an SQL database. If you see just read/write from a file - then it is private database for that organisation.[/blue]