Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How to generate the files to an assigned folder

coinscoins Member Posts: 13
I need to make some changes to a file then output it to an assigned folder. I wrote the code below, it can only put the result.txt in the current path, but I want to put it in a separate folder.
Can someone give me a tip?

[code]
BufferedReader in_file=new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(args[0])),"GBK"));
BufferedWriter out_file=new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(new BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream([red]"result.txt"[/red])),"UTF-8"));
[/code]

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : I need to make some changes to a file then output it to an assigned folder. I wrote the code below, it can only put the result.txt in the current path, but I want to put it in a separate folder.
    : Can someone give me a tip?
    :
    : [code]
    : BufferedReader in_file=new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(args[0])),"GBK"));
    : BufferedWriter out_file=new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(new BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream([red]"result.txt"[/red])),"UTF-8"));
    : [/code]
    :
    Include the full path is one way. Another is to specify a default folder in the program settings.
  • coinscoins Member Posts: 13

: : I need to make some changes to a file then output it to an assigned folder. I wrote the code below, it can only put the result.txt in the current path, but I want to put it in a separate folder.
    : : Can someone give me a tip?
    : :
    : : [code]
    : : BufferedReader in_file=new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(args[0])),"GBK"));
    : : BufferedWriter out_file=new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(new BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream([red]"result.txt"[/red])),"UTF-8"));
    : : [/code]
    : Include the full path is one way. Another is to specify a default folder in the program settings.
    :
    Thank you for that. But I tried include the full path it didn't work, that class [red] FileOutputStream [/red] doesn't have an constructor receive path argument, can you give me a little more info about specify the default folder in the program settings? really appreciate your help!

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    :
    :
    : : : I need to make some changes to a file then output it to an assigned folder. I wrote the code below, it can only put the result.txt in the current path, but I want to put it in a separate folder.
    : : : Can someone give me a tip?
    : : :
    : : : [code]
    : : : BufferedReader in_file=new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(args[0])),"GBK"));
    : : : BufferedWriter out_file=new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(new BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream([red]"result.txt"[/red])),"UTF-8"));
    : : : [/code]
    : : :
    : : Include the full path is one way. Another is to specify a default folder in the program settings.
    : Thank you for that. But I tried include the full path it didn't work, that class [red] FileOutputStream [/red] doesn't have an constructor receive path argument, can you give me a little more info about specify the default folder in the program settings? really appreciate your help!
    :
    :
    For windows:
    [code]
    BufferedWriter out_file=new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(new BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream([red]"c:
    esult.txt"[/red])),"UTF-8"));
    [/code]
    This will output the result to always c:
    If you want to store the result in the same directory as the input file, then you need to extract the path of the input file:
    [code]
    String inputPath = args[0].substring(0, args[0].lastIndexOf('\'));
    BufferedWriter out_file=new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(new BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream([red]inputPath+"result.txt"[/red])),"UTF-8"));
    [/code]