accessing mysql from apache,php

well guys i will just go straight to the point.i got WAMP5 server running and i also installed apache2.0.59,php and mysql.well everything is configured fine but i cant access mysql from php.well i also have enabled the php_mysql.dll module so this isn't the problem.now when i write the same scripts to my wamp htpdoc folder the scripts execute properly and mysql returns results.now i copied my manual php installation folder and replaced it with that in the wamp folder and my wamp server still performed fine.i looked at the different versions of apache used by wamp and that i download manually.i realized the wamp version of apache is 2.0.4 while ,mine is 2.0.59. i dont know but i think my version of apache may have a bug when it comes to accessing mysql.so if anyone knows what i could do please send help now.well presently am downloading another version of apache to try.

and lastly the error message i get is "undefined function mysql_connect()..."
thanks

Comments

• Ok, first of all, it is not Apache that is loading mysql.so or php_mysql.dll: It's PHP itself. Your Apache version/configuration have nothing do to with this problem. It's probably your php.ini that is not loading the mysql extension. Unfortunately, I can't help you with WAMP, since I have always been programming on a LAMP environment. However, some of my fellow coworkers uses XAMP, which comes already configured and everything.

Francis Lacroix
    Web Developer
    Check out OpenSource GPL&LGPL software at
    http://www.quotient.ca.
  • : Ok, first of all, it is not Apache that is loading mysql.so or
    : php_mysql.dll: It's PHP itself. Your Apache
    : version/configuration have nothing do to with this problem. It's
    : probably your php.ini that is not loading the mysql extension.
    : Unfortunately, I can't help you with WAMP, since I have always been
    : programming on a LAMP environment. However, some of my fellow
    : coworkers uses XAMP, which comes already configured and everything.
    :
    :
    : Francis Lacroix
    : Web Developer
    : Check out OpenSource GPL&LGPL software at
    : http://www.quotient.ca.
    well i got mine to work now.it came from my php setup like u said.thanks.the matter is i had to copy php.ini to my c:/windows then i deleted php.ini-recommended.before any thing really interesting could happen.thanks once again am grateful