Covenstead: Land of Shadow (a MUD/Text RPG) has been around since 1998 in varying capacities. Initially we began using a pre-build codebase called SMAUG which was abandoned in early 2000. At this time we decided to embarq on building a custom system called EDEN. This system had progressed quite far into a working system but at this point needs a little coder TLC to kick it back into full gear.
Enough with the boring stuff for now, we're working on breathing a bit of life back into this wonderful project and in turn, we're looking for a coder, possibly two if things work out in such a situation.
Here's what you need:
* A strong enough command of C++ to be able to write things from scratch where they are necessary.
* Database experience may be helpful but not necessary.
* A drive and desire to see things through.
* The ability to work in a team environment.
Here's some of what you can expect:
* This project is fairly on it's way but this is 'not' a production product yet, so developers obviously get a good share of the glory once it's public.
* A unique game since it's being built from scratch.
* Project documentation that gives us a direction and meshes with the game itself, not a hodge-podge of a concept.
* An established code 'structure' which is easy to find your way through.
* And Of course much more!
If you're even 'slightly' interested in this project, please feel free to contact me or by all means, put in an application on the site under the "Apply to Develop" link and I'll get back with you ASAP.
~Freyja - freyja(at)landofshadow.nethttp://www.landofshadow.net