Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Perl CGI help...

hopefulcdhopefulcd Member Posts: 1
Hi all, I'm having a frustrating error that I'm somewhat confused about. I'm writing a simple perl script as a cgi for a login. I've run through a lot of tests to try to figure out where the error is, but so far it's not been successful. The perl code is as follows:
#!/usr/bin/perl -wT use CGI; use CGI::Cookie; use CGI qw(:standard); use CGI::Carp qw(warningsToBrowser fatalsToBrowser); use Fcntl qw(:flock :seek); use Fcntl; use strict; my ( $name, #username they type in $pass, #password they type in $sys_name, #username in the member file $sys_pass, #password in the member file @members, #array of all members $dirto_members_list, #directory to members file $valid_name, #variable to determine name validity $valid_pass, #variable to determine password validity $cookie #cookie used to dtermine if they're logged in or not ); $name = param('username'); $pass = param('password'); print header; print start_html('Login Status'); ######################################################################### # Check the name & password in the members file ######################################################################### $dirto_members_list = "/home/hopefulc/public_html/cgi-bin/koh_members_list.cgi"; open (MEM, $dirto_members_list) || die("The File could not be opened!"); #open the members file flock (MEM, LOCK_SH); seek (MEM, 0, SEEK_SET); @members = <MEM>; chomp (@members); close(MEM); #close the members file $valid_name = 0; $valid_pass = 0; foreach my $mem (@members) { ($sys_name, $sys_pass) = split (/|..|/, $mem); if ($name eq $sys_name) { $valid_name = 1; if ($pass eq $sys_pass) { $valid_pass = 1; print "Congratulations $name, you logged in! <br><br> "; } else { print "Sorry, you didn't type in the correct password. <br><br> "; } } } ########################################################################## print end_html;

The tests that I've run through include checking the file permissions and setting them to 0755, carefully checking the spelling in the files, checking the html form, and I also ran a slightly modified version of this code from the command line successfully.
The annoying Internal Server error that is in the Apache error log is as follows:

[Mon Jun 16 17:56:46 2008] [error] [client 76.193.171.114] File does not exist: /home/hopefulc/public_html/500.shtml

The error seems very simple, except that I know the file does exist. If anyone has any suggestions to help it would be very much appreciated...