Help, i don't even know where to start.

Okay, i know i'm a dork, but i've just started programming, and i'd like to get into assembler.

So far i've only programmed in Basic, and Visual basic.. so i have no clue where to begin.

Any help at all would be very appreciated.

Comments

• : Okay, i know i'm a dork, but i've just started programming, and i'd like to get into assembler.

: So far i've only programmed in Basic, and Visual basic.. so i have no clue where to begin.

: Any help at all would be very appreciated.

:

:

In order to understand Assembly and read them, please first learn C. Nowadays you can just find books about C++. Please use the Unix machine as your first experiment tool, because it's a risc machine. there's a book from Paul called Sparc architecture and assembly language (or similar) is a good one to read.

ok, viel Spass.

Andy

• :

: ok, viel Spass.

: Andy

:

damn

• : :

: : ok, viel Spass.

: : Andy

: :

: damn

:

:

:

hehe najo i glab mol andy du konnst deutsch!

wenn jo dann schreib ma wos zruck :)

wenn nit, donn merks i eh *g*

PS to the newbie: lern first C++ or a easyer one!

asm is very hard to lern!

• : Okay, i know i'm a dork, but i've just started programming, and i'd like to get into assembler.

: So far i've only programmed in Basic, and Visual basic.. so i have no clue where to begin.

: Any help at all would be very appreciated.

:

:

Prior to learning assembler you will need to learn about the hardware. In assembler you will have absolute control over the system. If you don't know how or why it works don't try to control it.