Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

code for c++ antivirus

priya_198787priya_198787 Member Posts: 2
hey

i need to code an antivirus software using c++.. i dunno how to go about it.. can you please suggest how i should do it and also what all material i need to go through.thanks

Comments

• cmaster20cmaster20 Member Posts: 7
    Go to your favorite search engine (yahoo, google, etc.) and lookup what you are looking 4. Just my 2 cents.
  • LundinLundin Member Posts: 3,711
    1) Anti-virus programs are incredibly complex and the companies making them invest huge amounts of money in them. Their code will never be made public because of the commercial interest in it.

2) There is no such thing as open-source anti-virus... that would just be daft. Because then all virus makers could see for themselves how to avoid the anti-virus. Or worse, turn the anti-virus program into a virus.

So... chances are you won't find the code anywhere.
  • cmaster20cmaster20 Member Posts: 7
    : 1) Anti-virus programs are incredibly complex and the companies
    : making them invest huge amounts of money in them. Their code will
    : never be made public because of the commercial interest in it.
    :
    : 2) There is no such thing as open-source anti-virus... that would
    : just be daft. Because then all virus makers could see for themselves
    : how to avoid the anti-virus. Or worse, turn the anti-virus program
    : into a virus.
    :
    : So... chances are you won't find the code anywhere.

Sorry to burst your bubble kid but if you would lookup "source code anti-virus" in your favorite search engine you would find lots of results. Check out "Clamwin". It's open-source and it has the source code but you need to look for it sourceforge.net. Go to there website and follow the instructions on how to get it. ;)
  • LundinLundin Member Posts: 3,711
    Woah... they really exist! Still, all my remarks are valid. If that program ever becomes successful, we will see tons of virus versions of it, spreading viruses instead of removing them. Anti-virus and open-source will never work together.
  • virtual_artsvirtual_arts Member Posts: 18
    yeah! thats right....i dont think anyone in the righr frameset of mind should use an opensource antivirus....of course its great to have them for academic purposes....but making the source code of your antivirus program public and expecting it to be a success is...well...lets say...utopian!

anyway thanks for info on clamwin....i was looking for one myself!!
    cheers!
    :)