Electronic data Interchange

I have a Problem.. How XML talks with diferrent server's i.e(EDI).

Suppose there are two servers.SQL server & oracle server.I want to pass on data from one server to another thro' XML.

What are the necessary procedural steps to be taken..What will be the reader/program that will convert the database into xml-viceversa.

I just want a particular part of data from oracle to be passed on to sql-server.

Comments

• Well you would need to write some code to change the oracle data into XML, then you would need some kind oif code to send the data to the other server. There is no specific program for oracle that converts back and to XML, but SQL 2000 cand transform XML into database and database to XML .

: I have a Problem.. How XML talks with diferrent server's i.e(EDI).

: Suppose there are two servers.SQL server & oracle server.I want to pass on data from one server to another thro' XML.

: What are the necessary procedural steps to be taken..What will be the reader/program that will convert the database into xml-viceversa.

: I just want a particular part of data from oracle to be passed on to sql-server.

: