Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

C++ graphics mode

I have Visual C++ 6.0 Standard Edition and I wanted to know if someone knows if it is possible to initiate a graphics mode while in a Win32 Console Application. I've seen a #include in many sources, but my compiler does not recognize it. If andyone can shed ANY light on my problem, I'd be most appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• : I have Visual C++ 6.0 Standard Edition and I wanted to know if someone knows if it is possible to initiate a graphics mode while in a Win32 Console Application. I've seen a #include in many sources, but my compiler does not recognize it. If andyone can shed ANY light on my problem, I'd be most appreciated. Thanks!

:

Thats a tough job. Easiest is to open a GDI Window, you should take a look at the CreateWindow() call within Win32 API. Better is using directX.

What you are trying to do is *very* complicated, you should better stop doing that and learn how to use MFC or another class library.

Another possibility is to find and use a third party (preferably freeware) graphics package that does what you are looking for, but that is a completely different story that should be told by someone else...

greetings,

Peter