Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

RUBY VS JAVA

sophisticatedsophisticated Member Posts: 1
as i heard, my friends saying ruby will take over java very soon...

if it is so, then , we must be very much bound to do RUBY after we have done JAVA....

i have taken admission in software engineering RIGHT NOW, and my classes are going to commence in July...

i really need to know if IT GETS TO BE TRUE.... then its no use of JAVA. but i dont think that it will take the place of JAVA because it has been on top since its groundbreaking birth !!!

RUBY can be RUBY...... but JAVA is JAVA !!! :)

Comments

• acetechcnacetechcn Member Posts: 28
    This post has been deleted.
  • Snehal AgravalSnehal Agraval IndiaMember Posts: 2

Ruby is an interpreted scripting language, whereas Java is a compiled programming language. Ruby is similar to Java in that both are object-oriented languages and are strongly typed. But, Ruby is dynamically typed, whereas Java is statically typed. In Ruby, type declarations are not used; in Java, type declarations are required. Both Java and Ruby provide inheritance and have public, private, and protected methods. Ruby is simpler than Java and faster than Java too. Ruby is different from Java in a number of features. I shall compare Ruby and Java on some of the salient features.

Interpreted/Compiled
    Ruby is an interpreted scripting language and is run directly without first compiling and generating the byte code. For example, a ruby file helloruby.rb may be run with the following command.

>ruby helloruby.rb
    In comparison, Java applications are required to be compiled before running. For example, a Java class hellojava.java is first compiled using the javac compiler with the following command.
    To learn more, find best online programming courses here: https://hackr.io/