Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

VB6 IDE, No Printer at startup, Vista Ultimate 64-bit

NevilleLangNevilleLang Member Posts: 4
Hi Guys,

I have had Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit for a number of years now. I recently installed VB6 SP6 because I need to now support a legacy program.

Every time I startup VB6 then click on File > Print Setup, I get an error "Problem getting printer information from the system. Make sure the printer is set up correctly."

I am trrying to track down a printer issue in the code but I cannot debug the program because the Printer object is not operational in the IDE.

I have a Brother HL-2040 directly connected to my computer via USB port, it is set as the default printer in Windows Vista, and is ready.

I can easily print to this printer from Word etc., so there is no actual problem when using the printer from any other program.

When I compile the program I am working on in VB6, there is no problem printing to the printer from the compiled program. The problem only occurs when the VB6 IDE starts up.

I have also set the shortcut to the VB6 IDE for "Run as administrator" and have also tried a compatiblity setting for WinXP but the problem still persists.

Any clues?

I have Googled but there is no information that seems to solve my problem.

Regards,
Neville Lang

Comments

• MichaelT68MichaelT68 Member Posts: 2
    also getting a similar issue and it seems to be the Brother series of printers it occurs with. Did you solve the problem? I would love to hear what your solution was?
  • MichaelT68MichaelT68 Member Posts: 2
    also getting a similar issue and it seems to be the Brother series of printers it occurs with. Did you solve the problem? I would love to hear what your solution was?