Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Add directive to 'stdafx.h'... up directory

Josh CodeJosh Code Posts: 675Member
I'm having trouble with the following message:
[code]
warning C4627: '#include "../stdafx.h"': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1> Add directive to 'stdafx.h' or rebuild precompiled header
[/code]

That is happening with source and header files in subdirectories of the project. ../stdafx.h is what I think should reference the stdafx.h which is up a directory but it doesn't seem to work.

I have made several Visual C++ applications before and added stdafx.h as needed but this shows I still have more to learn about it.

Here is the complete, unedited output when I try to build:
[code]
1>------ Build started: Project: glreadpixelstest2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>LEInputStream_.cpp
1>c:usersjeffdocumentsvisual studio 2008projectsglreadpixelstest2glreadpixelstest2ioleinputstream_.cpp(1) : warning C4627: '#include "../stdafx.h"': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1>c:usersjeffdocumentsvisual studio 2008projectsglreadpixelstest2glreadpixelstest2ioleinputstream_.cpp(2) : warning C4627: '#include "LEFStreams_.hpp"': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1>c:usersjeffdocumentsvisual studio 2008projectsglreadpixelstest2glreadpixelstest2ioleinputstream_.cpp(60) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "stdafx.h"' to your source?
1>LEOutputStream_.cpp
1>c:usersjeffdocumentsvisual studio 2008projectsglreadpixelstest2glreadpixelstest2ioleoutputstream_.cpp(2) : warning C4627: '#include "../stdafx.h"': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1>c:usersjeffdocumentsvisual studio 2008projectsglreadpixelstest2glreadpixelstest2ioleoutputstream_.cpp(3) : warning C4627: '#include "LEFStreams_.hpp"': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1>c:usersjeffdocumentsvisual studio 2008projectsglreadpixelstest2glreadpixelstest2ioleoutputstream_.cpp(48) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "stdafx.h"' to your source?
1>BitmapImage.cpp
1>c:usersjeffdocumentsvisual studio 2008projectsglreadpixelstest2glreadpixelstest2graphicsitmapimage.cpp(2) : warning C4627: '#include "../stdafx.h"': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1>c:usersjeffdocumentsvisual studio 2008projectsglreadpixelstest2glreadpixelstest2graphicsitmapimage.cpp(3) : warning C4627: '#include "BitmapImage.hpp"': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1>c:usersjeffdocumentsvisual studio 2008projectsglreadpixelstest2glreadpixelstest2graphicsitmapimage.cpp(4) : warning C4627: '#include "../io/LEFStreams_.hpp"': skipped when looking for precompiled header use
1>c:usersjeffdocumentsvisual studio 2008projectsglreadpixelstest2glreadpixelstest2graphicsitmapimage.cpp(467) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "stdafx.h"' to your source?
1>Generating Code...
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:UsersJeffDocumentsVisual Studio 2008Projectsglreadpixelstest2glreadpixelstest2DebugBuildLog.htm"
1>glreadpixelstest2 - 3 error(s), 7 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
[/code]

The project files are archived in an attachment to this post. Try out any ideas you have with it.

Comments