Change the value of a double (help)?

I wanted to know how to change the value of a double in code, not by manually typing in the value. Example: If i set the value of double hi to 50, I'd type in a line of code to change it to 60 permantly. So if i run it, close it and run it again, the value will stay 60. Please help.

Comments

• -removed repost-
  • The best way I can think of doing that would be having an external file to hold the value of variable(s) you want. Read from the file and assign to whichever variable(s) you want. Then simply rewrite the file with the new value(s). This way, the new value is always assigned to your variables each time you run your program. And always remember to close out the file at the end of program execution!
  • The best way I can think of doing that would be having an external file to hold the value of variable(s) you want. Read from the file and assign to whichever variable(s) you want. Then simply rewrite the file with the new value(s). This way, the new value is always assigned to your variables each time you run your program. And always remember to close out the file at the end of the program!