Java: Getting coordinates of a character, read out of a file

Good evening,

for hours I've been searching for a solution for this problem without success so I figured I'd ask a question here! I have a question regarding reading characters / lines out of a textfile. I have been able to implement a function, which reads lines out of a file. I am using Greenfoot (Java) to create a game which uses 32x32 blocks. I'd like to generate a world out of that textfile by getting the x- / y-coordinate of each "block" / "character" and placing it in the world. Would it be easier to use an array? My current code looks like this but I cannot figure out, how to get the coordinates. Could it work by using the hashcode it returns?

public void readFile(String filename) throws IOException
{      
  String s;
  int x = 0;
  int y = 0;

// Create BufferedReader and FileReader
BufferedReader r = new BufferedReader(new FileReader(filename));

// Try-catch block as exception handler 
try {
    while((s = r.readLine()) != null) {

// Create the blocks
        GrassBlock A = new GrassBlock();

// Place them in the world
        addObject(A, x, y);

// Test to see, if the blocks get recognised
        System.out.println(A);

DirtBlock B = new DirtBlock();
        System.out.println(B);
        addObject(B, x, y);
    }            
} catch (IOException e) {
    System.out.println("Fehler beim Öffnen der Datei");
} finally {

}

}

My file looks somewhat like this:

AAAAAA00AA
        BBBBBB00BB

I see that I have assigned the value "0" to both x and y so of course it can't work like this but how can I get that position? Right now the function is able to read the lines, generate the blocks at (0, 0) and showing the blocks in the console with a hashcode.

P.S Sorry if I have used the wrong term for some things, I am relatively new to programming!

Thank you, Julian