Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Who still is using for pascal except for homework assignments?

Jean PetraJean Petra Member Posts: 7

I literally learned Pascal over 25 years ago.. and have never seen a practical application since. Are you using Pascal for real life usage? Or for homework?

Comments

• ActorActor Member Posts: 447 ✭✭

If writing programs for my personal use qualifies as real life usage then I still use it. I've been retired for 20 years and no one is paying me to keep up with new languages. I use Pascal because I'm quite familiar with it and can code quickly and accurately. In my opinion learning a new language would just not be worth the hassle.

• Richard JasminRichard Jasmin Member Posts: 3

ME- and I dont appreciate the slander from shitty C os developers...this isnt homework, but If I can compete with you- screw off..Im a MS level...I can teach this shit. Python in parts but I dont really pick up anything new unless I need to. FPC works fine.

• Ozz NixonOzz Nixon USAMember Posts: 2

I use it, I write Pascal compilers, Script Engines, Web Sites built with Said Tools, etc. I own copies of Turbo Pascal compiler and I have been working on revising it - while still reading 7.0 TPU files. I write commercial systems, desktop, mobile, server, even enterprise/mission critical solutions. At the end, the compilers produce binary .. it's just a preference of which syntax you like best. (And my compiler support Turbo Pascal, Apple Pascal and a lot of Microsoft's Quick Pascal syntax - plus C/JavaScript syntax - so I call it Modern Pascal).