sourcecode.

hi,

i have an exe-file taht was built by a pascal compiler. is it possible to reimport this file an see the sourcecode??

Comments

• : hi,

: i have an exe-file taht was built by a pascal compiler. is it possible to reimport this file an see the sourcecode??

:

: i have an exe-file taht was built by a pascal compiler. is it possible to reimport this file an see the sourcecode??

:

The procedure is called decompiling. There is

generally no way to decompile exe files.

One thing that works 100% is disassembling but

you have to be good in it to understand what

is going on ;-)

(just try DEBUG MYFILE.EXE and then 'U')

Of course there are tons (!) of better programs

from old DEBUG...

Iby

:

There is away of having PASCAL which can do this

I have been trained in Pascal, and exercise my skills with the package at home pc.

Any thin that pascal cannot do

Use another langauge that does

Then in PSACAL

in a procedure call it in.

I would have to go through my books and research it again.

I am about to purchase C++ and Assembler as I do know that I can do that when Pascal has no command structure to do it.

Example IO ports develop the pascal and assembler

It works very powerfully

Merry Christmas also

• There are some programs which attempt to re-source the code again (from the assembly), but all the variable names etc are lost as is the logic.

I have yet to find a debugger which will let you copy the ENTIRE assembly code from memory, but as Iby said, it is probably possible. So give that a try.

• There is a program available called 'sourcer'.

This will allow you to grab a sourcecode in any language from any exe file, only i don't know where you can get it, i have seen it work and it works, but most exe files you grab will result in huge compiler files.

Greetz Rodolpho