Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Can we make our own APIs for windows

Respected Sir,
I am facing a problem here which I was not able to solve after a lot of thinking.I am making
a media player for windows platform , I want that then the user clicks on PLAY button on the window the movie should run.I am not supposed to use any inbuilt API which might be there in MFC also as the resolution will not be very
good as I want to utilize the maximum resolution offered by the screen.
I will have to make my own API for that ! I do not understand that how can I make my own API , and then how can I build anything for playing the movie. Is it possible to make ones own APIs ? Am I on the right track.
Please guide,
Regards
Kapil

Comments

• As far as I know, API's are just a functions in a lot of Windows DLL. Basically, all you need to do is define your own functions. Then, if you wish, you can make a dll, so that other programms you write can make use of the same functions.

At least, that's my guess, I'm tired now after the newyears-party :), so good night, and happy new year everybody =)

• No you are not on the right track.
    An API is something you write for other to use in their program.
    MFC is not an API, just a stupid wrapper thing. I recommend that you do not use it.
    Use the ChangeDisplaySettings function to change screen mode.

: Respected Sir,
    : I am facing a problem here which I was not able to solve after a lot of thinking.I am making
    : a media player for windows platform , I want that then the user clicks on PLAY button on the window the movie should run.I am not supposed to use any inbuilt API which might be there in MFC also as the resolution will not be very
    : good as I want to utilize the maximum resolution offered by the screen.
    : I will have to make my own API for that ! I do not understand that how can I make my own API , and then how can I build anything for playing the movie. Is it possible to make ones own APIs ? Am I on the right track.
    : Please guide,
    : Regards
    : Kapil
    :
    :