Im here again, with my ff6 problems

Whats best, scripts inside the sourcecode or in a extern file?
Cause it seems like a little bit to much work to make this extern-scripting. or?

Comments

• : Whats best, scripts inside the sourcecode or in a extern file?
    : Cause it seems like a little bit to much work to make this extern-scripting. or?
    :

It is a pain, but unless you want your entire game to be put into one EXE file (which is not good), I'd suggest developing *some* external file method.

-Xotor-

• Why????????????????????????????????????????

• Another problem, if I want the player to be able to both walk under a bridge and over the same bridge...how do I do that?

• : Why????????????????????????????????????????

Well the problem is that you'll be making each area of the game with its own unique function to handle it's gameplay, which bloats your software rather than having a defined system and defining the game itself from external files. It standardizes the way your game operates and furthermore makes it so you can make other games with the same standards.

What you'll end up doing if you program the game into the code itself is making a ton of small section-specific functions that will waste program space, lose variables, and inevitably cause your program to undergo "code entropy" where the project derives from its course and eventually gets abandoned as the programmer loses control and insight as to how the program actually functions.

-Xotor-

• : Another problem, if I want the player to be able to both walk under a bridge and over the same bridge...how do I do tha

You'll need another two layers and to set certain tiles to switch the player invisibly to the top layer mode.

-Xotor-