Game development time

I'm trying to get an idea of how much time it takes to develop a video game from concept to publication. I'm interested in a Playstation quality type game.

Thanks,

Comments

• : I'm trying to get an idea of how much time it takes to develop a video game from concept to publication. I'm interested in a Playstation quality type game.
    :
    : Thanks,
    :

I'm not sure exactly, but it mostly depends on what kind of game you're trying to develop and how many people are there on your team. For example Quake I was done in about a year and they had around 6-10 people on the team, can't say how many exactly. Like JCarmack once said somewhere that he believes you need to have 3 programmers, 3 artists and 3 level designers to make the best game ever(and so they did, Quake III!) I would say you need 1-2 years. Here, ou can take a look at my game: www.geocities.com/hyperactivegames/ you'll find it somewhere under Games. It took me just a few weeks to develop it by myself since there's not a whole lot of things going on in it, but it's still fun to play. Hope this helped you somehow.

Greg Damon, hyperactive