Chat in cgi

First i want to say it's cool to find so much information about such a great programming langauge.

I want to write a chat cgi script for my web server, and i want to know if anyone has done anything like that (cgi) before me, and how they they did it.

Comments

• Havent tried anything like that myself, but there is an example of using QB with CGI in the downloads section of this website (go to '25 latest files' and the filename is 'QBCGI.ZIP'). Its a simple program which is a goods starting point. Hope this helps!

: First i want to say it's cool to find so much information about such a great programming langauge.
    :
    : I want to write a chat cgi script for my web server, and i want to know if anyone has done anything like that (cgi) before me, and how they they did it.
    :

• : First i want to say it's cool to find so much information about such a great programming langauge.
    :
    : I want to write a chat cgi script for my web server, and i want to know if anyone has done anything like that (cgi) before me, and how they they did it.
    :
    A cgi is not really a script, but everyone call it that.

Any language that has redirectable input and output that can also read and change environment variables can be used to write a cgi. QB certainly does all of that, but will only run on a system that can run dos programs. I don't think QB exes will run on UNIX, but I could be wrong. Find out if your server can run dos programs. If so QB can be used to write your "scripts".