Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Control Panel and NT Cmd

Hi all

From the command line I am trying to open the Date/Time control panel extension at the TimeZone tab.

Any ideas

Cheers

Sam

Comments

• ColdShineColdShine Member Posts: 597
    Which version of Windows do you have? I only have a single tab, with a ComboBox for the choice of the Time zone. Should your program do such things on my computer, it might get errors.
    ________
    [size=1][b][grey]Cold[/grey][blue]Shine[/blue][/b][/size]

• Stoic JokerStoic Joker Member Posts: 84
    : Hi all
    :
    : From the command line I am trying to open the Date/Time control panel extension at the TimeZone tab.
    :
    : Any ideas
    :
    : Cheers
    :
    : Sam
    :
    :
    :

Greetings
    From the command line I'm not sure you can specify the tab, running timedate.cpl (or control.exe timedate.cpl) will bring up the applet. In C++ I've used
    WinExec(("control.exe desk.cpl, display,1"),SW_SHOW);
    to bring up the display options with the the ScreenSaver tab showing. Replaceing desk.cpl with timedate.cpl in the same code should do it. Assumeing Msoft included the display X tab code in that applet. The Forum I got the code from mentioned It's missing from some of the applets, Different departments / different projects etc.

Hope this is helpfull
    Stoic Joker

• pingpongpingpong Member Posts: 937
    u can do this from the CMD

start control.exe timedate.cpl

: : Hi all
    : :
    : : From the command line I am trying to open the Date/Time control panel extension at the TimeZone tab.
    : : Any ideas
    : : Cheers
    : : Sam
    :
    :
    : Greetings
    : From the command line I'm not sure you can specify the tab, running timedate.cpl (or control.exe timedate.cpl) will bring up the applet. In C++ I've used
    : WinExec(("control.exe desk.cpl, display,1"),SW_SHOW);
    : to bring up the display options with the the ScreenSaver tab showing. Replaceing desk.cpl with timedate.cpl in the same code should do it. Assumeing Msoft included the display X tab code in that applet. The Forum I got the code from mentioned It's missing from some of the applets, Different departments / different projects etc.
    :
    : Hope this is helpfull
    : Stoic Joker
    :