Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

C++ Hopeful needing help!

TexmoTexmo Member Posts: 2
Hey,im pretty much a complete beginner to C++,I know only
the bare bones of the language (Pretty much only variables,classes,functions,pointers,ect),and was wondering what would be useful libraries/tutorials for extremely-basic game creation(IE how-to Sprite engines ect).
Thanks to anyone who can help even the tiniest bit ^.^

-Texmo-

Comments

• igen1igen1 Member Posts: 23
    : Hey,im pretty much a complete beginner to C++,I know only
    : the bare bones of the language (Pretty much only variables,classes,functions,pointers,ect),and was wondering what would be useful libraries/tutorials for extremely-basic game creation(IE how-to Sprite engines ect).
    : Thanks to anyone who can help even the tiniest bit ^.^
    :
    : -Texmo-
    :

If you use Visual C++, you must make some apps, what does 'nothing'. Just listing fonts, or display bmps, or something. Then you understand how VC++ works, and then you can figure out how you can make your engines.

If you use old DOS platform C++, than you must buy a book what contains object oriented C++ programming.

• bychubychu Member Posts: 17
    : Hey,im pretty much a complete beginner to C++,I know only
    : the bare bones of the language (Pretty much only variables,classes,functions,pointers,ect),and was wondering what would be useful libraries/tutorials for extremely-basic game creation(IE how-to Sprite engines ect).
    : Thanks to anyone who can help even the tiniest bit ^.^
    :
    : -Texmo-
    :

If you need some libraries then you might try to use
    The Phantom Effect graphic library - you'll be able to create both 2D/3D apps.
    Unfortunatly I don't remember adress of the site where you might find it. This library is free for non-commercial use.
    Your seem skilled enough to use it.

• TexmoTexmo Member Posts: 2
    Hey,thanks for the help and encouragement ^.^
    They both seem pretty useful(Yeah,I managed to find it)
    -Texmo-