preprocessor directive #warning

My Helpfile says the following:

-----

The #warning Conditional Directive

The #warning directive takes a string as an argument and produces a warning message at compile-time. Warnings produced by this directive are displayed as normal compiler warnings.

Like the #error directive, this directive is most useful for detecting pre-defined constraints and inconsistencies during preprocessing of a source file.

Syntax

#warning messagestring

The message string identifier shown above indicates the warning message to be displayed. The following example illustrates use of the #warning directive:

#if !TRACING

#warning This interface has not been completely tested yet!

#endif

When the warning above is encountered, the following line will be output:

#warning 'This interface has not been completely tested yet!' (J5500)

-----

But when I use #warning, I always get an error undefined preprocessor directive.

#error works fine, though.

I use MS Visual Studio (VC)

Comments

• #warning is part of VJ++ not VC++. MSDN is so messed up!

If you want to do the same in VC, you can do:

#pragma message( "This will go to the Build window" )

Tnx

: My Helpfile says the following:

: -----

: The #warning Conditional Directive

: The #warning directive takes a string as an argument and produces a warning message at compile-time. Warnings produced by this directive are displayed as normal compiler warnings.

: Like the #error directive, this directive is most useful for detecting pre-defined constraints and inconsistencies during preprocessing of a source file.

: Syntax

: #warning messagestring

: The message string identifier shown above indicates the warning message to be displayed. The following example illustrates use of the #warning directive:

: #if !TRACING

: #warning This interface has not been completely tested yet!

: #endif

: When the warning above is encountered, the following line will be output:

: #warning 'This interface has not been completely tested yet!' (J5500)

: -----

: But when I use #warning, I always get an error undefined preprocessor directive.

: #error works fine, though.

: I use MS Visual Studio (VC)

• NT = NO TEXT