Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

68HC11 EVB>Buffalo 2.3> PROCOMM "Can't open file" ??

ihsanihsan Member Posts: 1
Hi,
I have written a program called utk.asm in dos editor. This file I have saved it in the same directory where the as11 assembler - as11 - is in but the problem is when i tried to assemble it
C:PROCOMM>as11 utk.asm
* the following msg appear
as: can't open utk.asm
I have also written this program under and gave it a different name. Upon assembling the re-written program with the given name, the problem remains.
Why this is and how can i overcome this prob?
Another thing is that somehow i cannot use my mouse on the PROCOMM window. I have to use arrows to move around in the window. Why does this happen and how to solve it?
Hope to get your assistance a.s.a.p. Thanks.

Ihsan,
68HC11EVB Novice User

Comments

• CSXMCSXM Member Posts: 11
    : Hi,
    : I have written a program called utk.asm in dos editor. This file I have saved it in the same directory where the as11 assembler - as11 - is in but the problem is when i tried to assemble it
    : C:PROCOMM>as11 utk.asm
    : * the following msg appear
    : as: can't open utk.asm
    : I have also written this program under and gave it a different name. Upon assembling the re-written program with the given name, the problem remains.
    : Why this is and how can i overcome this prob?
    : Another thing is that somehow i cannot use my mouse on the PROCOMM window. I have to use arrows to move around in the window. Why does this happen and how to solve it?
    : Hope to get your assistance a.s.a.p. Thanks.
    :
    : Ihsan,
    : 68HC11EVB Novice User
    :

Well, how about making dir c:asm and put the utk.asm there (and all other future .asm -filez. then on autoexec.bat on PATH=... section add ;C:asm
    or alternatively type PATH=%PATH%;C:asm on the command prompt when you have put the utk.asm in c:asm
    then try to assemble it again
    And the mouse problem.. Do you have the mouse driver installed? You know the 'mouse.com'-file? Darn, I don't know.. First of all, I use MASM, not as11 (never even heard), secondly I've no idea what's PROCOMM.. but still.. (hmm... now I make myself sound stupid, but I don't care).. Just haven't met as11 compiler... darn.. nothing.. forget :)
    -Ahti Komu, Finland