MP3 Server

Hi,

I'v succeeded in building an MP3 server that reads an MP3 from disk and sends it in real-time over the network. I've also built a client that plays the stream, also in real-time. They're both working really well, but...

I'd like to add the Real-Time protocol to my server. That way there will be no more gaps between the frames, and the sound quality should improve.

Can anyone give me an example of a simple RTP program, including headerfiles and stuff, to get me started. I'm programming in C, using Borland's C++ 5.01 compiler. My OS is Windows 98.

Thanx in advance

Stijn Van De Putte

Comments

• : Hi,
    :
    : I'v succeeded in building an MP3 server that reads an MP3 from disk and sends it in real-time over the network. I've also built a client that plays the stream, also in real-time. They're both working really well, but...
    :
    : I'd like to add the Real-Time protocol to my server. That way there will be no more gaps between the frames, and the sound quality should improve.
    :
    : Can anyone give me an example of a simple RTP program, including headerfiles and stuff, to get me started. I'm programming in C, using Borland's C++ 5.01 compiler. My OS is Windows 98.
    :
    : Thanx in advance
    :
    : Stijn Van De Putte
    :
    :
    :

• : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I'v succeeded in building an MP3 server that reads an MP3 from disk and sends it in real-time over the network. I've also built a client that plays the stream, also in real-time. They're both working really well, but...
    : : I'd like to add the Real-Time protocol to my server. That way there will be no more gaps between the frames, and the sound quality should improve.
    : : Can anyone give me an example of a simple RTP program, including headerfiles and stuff, to get me started. I'm programming in C, using Borland's C++ 5.01 compiler. My OS is Windows 98.
    : : Thanx in advance
    : : Stijn Van De Putte

Hi Stijn
    i am wanting to design and implement a buffer sharing algo for multimedia applications, could u give me some kind of a lead from where to start? a sample server-client programe with some kind of buffer applications would be an added help.
    thanxs
    :
    :