Unicode in Win98

Hi everybody. Isn't there any way to use Unicode in Win98(or WinMe)? Really NO way?
I found that there are some Unicode functions in WinMe (for example SetWindowTextW), but they do nothing. So, why are they here?
Thanks.

Comments

• in win32, there are 2 versions of every function that takes a string. for example, SetWindowTextW and SetWindowTextA, you link with the one you want by defining/undefining UNICODE in your code. this is how to use unicode in VC++

#define UNICODE
    #include
    #include

that should do it

: Hi everybody. Isn't there any way to use Unicode in Win98(or WinMe)? Really NO way?
    : I found that there are some Unicode functions in WinMe (for example SetWindowTextW), but they do nothing. So, why are they here?
    : Thanks.
    :
    :

• What you wrote is fine to WinNT and Win 2000, but my question was about Win98 or WinME, some functions like SetWindowTextW does nothing in these versions of windows.
    Thanks.

: in win32, there are 2 versions of every function that takes a string. for example, SetWindowTextW and SetWindowTextA, you link with the one you want by defining/undefining UNICODE in your code. this is how to use unicode in VC++
    :
    : #define UNICODE
    : #include
    : #include
    :
    : that should do it